Thursday, August 21, 2008

New habits.............

Today I'm starting a few things that I hope will become habits. The first thing is a gratitude journal. I have heard Oprah talk about them and some Christian blogs have mentioned them as well.

Researchers studying those who kept gratitude journals concluded:


At the end of the 10 weeks, participants who’d kept a gratitude journal felt better about their lives as a whole and were more optimistic about the future than participants in either of the other two conditions. To put it into numbers, according to the scale we used to calculate well-being, they were a full 25 percent happier than the other participants. Those in the gratitude condition reported fewer health
complaints.

People who kept a gratitude journal reported feeling more joyful, enthusiastic, interested, attentive, energetic, excited, determined, and strong than those in the hassles condition. They also reported offering others more emotional support or help with a personal problem— supporting the notion that gratitude motivates people to do good. And this was not limited to what they said about themselves. We sent surveys to people who knew them well, and these significant others rated participants in the gratitude group as more helpful than those in the other groups.


This information was shared from http://aholyexperience.com/2006/11/gift-list-thousand-things.html
which has the link to where the information is from.

Secondly I'm starting my 1000 gifts list--which is basically an ongoing list of those things I'm thankful for. I will be posting this in my sidebar as I get it going. I want to try and complete this by Christmas.

If you decide to either or both of these leave me a comment and let me know.

Happy journaling and list making,
Jennie

No comments: